This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Valentine’s Day is almost here and love is definitely in the air! Or maybe that’s just the smell of these bath salts. I don’t know. Smells about the same to me!
Anyway, I was thinking about Valentine’s Day and how people go all out to show each other a little extra love. My husband and I used to celebrate with gifts and dinner the first few years of dating. But I think we’re pretty good at showing each other love daily. Plus, we tend to get each other little “just because” gifts throughout the year. So we stopped the big holiday celebrations. Now, we have a quiet dinner at home for Valentine’s Day and I pick up a special dessert for two at our local bakery.
Even though we’ve stopped with the big Valentine’s Day celebration, maybe you’re planning a romantic evening with your loved one or a fun evening with your best gals! But what about showing yourself a little extra love this Valentine’s Day?
I’m sure you’ve heard about the importance of self care over and over again. It’s really not a bad thing to have drilled into your brain. These days, we’re all so busy. Maybe you’re chasing your kids around the house. Maybe you’re hustling to chase your dream. Whatever you’re chasing, it’s bound to be exhausting! Staying busy can be great, but it can also take quite on a toll on you – emotionally and physically.
That’s why it’s so important to take a time out for yourself.
10 minutes. That’s all you need, my friends. Just 10 minutes. To yourself. With these bath salts and a warm tub. Light a couple of candles, enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of tea, write in a journal, or just sit and soak. “But I don’t have 10 minutes.” No. Stop. You do. Make yourself a priority for once because, damn it, you deserve it!
- 1/2 cup Epsom Salt
- 1/4 cup Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Rose Buds and Petals
- A few drops of 100% pure vanilla essential oil
- 4oz. glass jar
- In a medium bowl, mix the Epsom salt, Himalayan sea salt, and roses together.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essential oil into the bowl. If you want a stronger scent to your bath salts, add a few more drops at a time. Then, mix to incorporate the oil.
- Carefully spoon the bath salts into a glass jar. Close the lid.
- If desired, tie ribbon or tie around the lid before gifting.
- To use: draw a bath and add a handful of bath salts to the water. Let the salt dissolve and leave you with rose petals and a gorgeous vanilla scent!
This tutorial makes enough Rose Petal Bath Salts for one 4 ounce jar. Even though I definitely recommend making a jar for yourself, these bath salts would make a pretty Valentine’s Day gift for someone else who could use a little time out!
So while you’re showing your kids, your significant other, or your bestie a little extra love this Valentine’s Day, don’t forget to take care of yourself! Your mind, body, and soul will thank you for it!
Check out the video for this Rose Petal Bath Salt tutorial on YouTube!
PIN FOR LATER