Make portable backyard gaming with this easy Rustic Chalkboard Tic-Tac-Toe DIY made out of a wood slice, chalkboard paint, and a chalk marker!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one or more of these links helps to support this blog.
The inspiration for this Tic-Tac-Toe board came from a tree stump in my parents’ backyard. I’ve often told my Mom she should turn that tree stump into a backyard Tic-Tac-Toe board. But because it isn’t the most ideal space to sit around, Mom made it her flowerpot stand instead.
- 9 1/2-10 inch wood slice
- Chalkboard paint
- Foam brush or paintbrush
- White bistro chalk marker
- White chalk
- Paint a layer of chalkboard paint over the surface of your wood slice. Make sure to keep the edge of the wood slice visible for that “rustic” feel!
- Once chalkboard paint has dried, rub a stick of white chalk over the surface to activate the chalkboard paint.
- Wipe the chalk off of the wood slice, rubbing it in slightly to create a nice, chalky surface.
- Use your ruler and bistro chalk marker to create your Tic-Tac-Toe board. Make sure you have 9 spaces for your X’s and O’s!
- Game on! Give each player a stick of chalk and fill your rustic Tic-Tac-Toe board with X’s and O’s!