These Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are not your average chocolate chip cookie! They’re made with sweet and salty coarse sea salt and caramel sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
The holiday season is officially underway in our home! The tree is up, the house is decorated inside and out, the Christmas cards have been addressed, I’m slowly getting my wrapping done, and my holiday baking is in full swing! In fact, I’ve been ready to get to work on my baking list for weeks now!
I’m making a bunch of family favorite cookies and candies again this season. But like every Christmas, I like to add something new to my cookie trays. Last year, it was Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies and Lemon Coconut Snowball Cookies. This year, it’s Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I always start my baking list with my husband’s favorites – sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies. But this year, I decided to make another variation of chocolate chip cookies. A fancier version, if you will, with a delightful sweet and salty flavor combination.
Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies are made just like a traditional chocolate chip cookie, but include the addition of gooey caramel sauce, crunchy pecans, and coarse sea salt. It’s chocolate chip cookie flavor with a bit of sweet and saltiness in every delicious bite!
We’re going to start our cookies by mixing the dry ingredients together. Combine the flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugars, and vanilla extract together until combined and creamy. Then, beat each egg in one at a time. Gradually beat in the flour mixture just until it’s combined. Then, mix in the caramel sauce.
Fold in the chocolate morsels and pecans. Then, drop the cookie dough in tablespoonfuls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until they’re golden brown on the bottom. Transfer the cookies to wire racks to let them cool completely. While the cookies are warm, sprinkle them with sea salt. Once the cookies are completely cooled, store them in cookie tins or airtight containers.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Optional: extra sea salt for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon together.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugars, and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time into the mixture and beat until combined.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture. Then, mix in the caramel sauce.
- Fold in the chocolate morsels and chopped pecans until fully incorporated into the cookie dough.
- Drop the cookie dough onto greased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and sprinkle sea salt on top while the cookies are warm.
- Allow cookies to cool completely. Then, store in cookie tins or airtight containers.
If you’re serving just a plate of these cookies, you might want to add a drizzle of caramel sauce over the top of the cookies beforehand. But sweet and salty lovers will enjoy these Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies with or without that extra drizzle!
Did you make this Salted Caramel Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER