This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShopRiteFamilyMeals #RootedInFrontera #WholesomePantry #CollectiveBias
When my husband and I first started dating, we ate dinner at my parents’ house a lot. In fact, that’s where our relationship began. I was still living at home and my parents knew my husband from their bowling league. We first met over dinner at my parent’s house. Once we became an official couple, my husband would come over for dinner during the week and would always be over during the weekend!
My parents are great cooks and, at the time, we definitely weren’t the foodies that we are today! Our love story and our love for food both started at my parents’ house and I’ll be forever grateful for that!
Over the years, the connection of food and family has definitely brought us closer in our relationship. Coming from a big, food loving family, my husband and I have learned a lot about cooking. Now, we share our love for food, creating recipes together, and sharing some of our family favorite meals. The food we make together isn’t just nourishment for our bodies. It’s nourishment for our relationship, as well.
Mom’s chicken tacos with refried beans
There will always be certain meals that remind me of home – my dad’s mussels and pizza, my mom’s stuffed shells and meat sauce, and taco night! Taco night was always a favorite! There were six of us to feed, so mom would put out a spread of beef and chicken tacos and toppings galore like shredded lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese, and more!
These days, my husband and I pretty much celebrate Taco Tuesday every week! I love our taco night tradition. It gets us even more excited to sit at the table together and embrace those family recipes!
My mom’s chicken tacos will always be a favorite meal of mine. They start with boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are boiled and shredded. Then, the chicken gets mixed with refried beans and taco seasoning. A few weeks ago, I decided to put a spin on my mom’s chicken tacos by turning them into sheet pan nachos!
Chips and salsa will always be my weakness. On taco night, my husband and I usually ditch the shells and opt to make nachos instead. I had a craving for my mom’s chicken tacos, so I added the ingredients to my weekly shopping list and headed to ShopRite.
I’m pretty familiar with ShopRite’s line of Wholesome Pantry products already. They’re affordable organic products free of preservatives, artificial colors, and flavors. It’s food that I can feel good about feeding my family!
After the nachos are baked, serve with Frontera Brand salsas, made with premium ingredients, for an authentic flavor. Their Chipotle Salsa has quickly become one of my favorites! I love its smokey flavor! For a tangier taste with a bit more zing, opt for the Tomatillo salsa!
- 1 lb. ShopRite Wholesome Pantry boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 15 oz. can Wholesome Pantry Organic Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. taco seasoning + 1/2 tsp. for chicken
- Wholesome Pantry Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cups Wholesome Pantry Organic Fancy Three Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese
- Toppings: sour cream, Frontera Chipotle Salsa, Frontera Tomatillo Salsa, fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil and add the chicken breasts.
- Boil the chicken 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the water and allow to cool. Then shred the chicken.
- In a medium-large skillet, heat olive oil. Add the pinto beans, onion, and garlic to the pan. Cook about 5 minutes, or until beans are heated through and softened.
- Begin to mash beans with a potato masher or fork. Then, stir in 2 tbsp. water and 1 tsp. taco seasoning. Remove from heat.
- Spread an even layer of Wholesome Pantry Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips onto a baking sheet.
- Add spoonfuls of beans onto the tortilla chips.
- Toss the chicken with 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning. Then, spread the chicken evenly over the tortilla chips.
- Top with the sliced bell peppers and shredded cheese. Then, bake for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream, Frontera Chipotle Salsa, Frontera Tomatillo Salsa, and fresh cilantro.
Find Wholesome Pantry products and Frontera Brand at ShopRite!
It was great being able to use better-for-you ingredients from ShopRite to put a spin on one of my favorite family recipes. You can find Wholesome Pantry items exclusively at ShopRite locations. Look for Frontera Brand products there, as well.
Visit ShopRite.com/WellEveryday for healthier eating tips and recipe inspiration. You can also visit an in-store registered dietician for FREE at participating ShopRite store locations. They’ll be able to recommend products and recipes, or even shop the store with you!
What recipes remind you of home? See here for more ShopRite inspiration!
PIN FOR LATER