This Skillet Chicken, Pesto, and Sundried Tomato Roll Ups recipe is a delicious and easy weeknight meal made in one skillet. The chicken is filled with a pesto mixture, rolled up, and cooked in a simple balsamic broth-based sauce.
Thank you Argo Corn Starch for sponsoring this post. Celebrate sweet moments together with Argo!
It’s like someone flips a switch to the “on” position once it hits September and the days automatically get busier. The kids go back to school, vacation time is over, and those daily routines kick back in again. So while the lazy days of summer tumble into the hustle and bustle of the colder months, I find myself wanting to make things as easy as possible.
Some days, after working on creating content (and cleaning up the aftermath of creating content), catching up on social media, and following up on emails, I can’t fathom the idea of making an elaborate dinner. Thankfully, there are one-pan meals to the rescue – recipes that don’t skimp on flavor but are totally easy to make. Like this chicken roll-ups dish!
These chicken, pesto, and sundried tomato roll-ups are incredibly flavorful and made in a cast iron skillet. This cozy dish starts with thin boneless, skinless chicken breasts stuffed with pesto, sundried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese.
After the chicken is browned on both sides, a simple sauce is made with garlic, chicken broth, Argo Corn Starch, and balsamic vinegar.
The key to making a thicker sauce is Argo Corn Starch. It dissolves easily and has twice the thickening power of flour. But unlike flour, Argo Corn Starch is gluten-free. And because it’s flavorless, it won’t alter the flavor of recipes.
Skillet Chicken, Pesto, and Sundried Tomato Roll Ups
This simple Skillet Chicken, Pesto, and Sundried Tomato Roll Ups recipe is cozy, comfort food and so easy to make! Prep is easy and the cooking is done all in one pan making dinner and cleaning up a breeze! Just stuff the chicken with pesto, sundried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese, roll it up, and bake in a simple balsamic sauce!
The first thing we need to do is preheat the oven to 350º and prep our chicken. Pound each chicken breast flat between two sheets of plastic wrap or in a plastic baggie.
Then, season the chicken with salt and pepper and spread the prepared pesto onto the center of each piece of chicken.
Now, we’re going to toss the sun dried tomatoes, cheese, corn starch, and crushed red pepper together in a bowl. The corn starch will help bind everything together inside the chicken. Once mixed, spoon some of the mixture onto the chicken.
Roll up each piece of chicken and secure it with a toothpick. Then, heat olive oil in a cast iron skillet and add the chicken, cooking until browned on each side.
Next, whisk the garlic, Italian seasoning, Argo Corn Starch, balsamic vinegar, and chicken broth together to make the sauce. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the chicken.
Place the skillet in the oven and bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
Remove the toothpicks before serving. Garnish the chicken with fresh basil leaves and serve with extra sauce.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. Argo Corn Starch
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 4 tbsp. Argo Corn Starch
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pound each chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or in a plastic baggie until it's flattened. Then, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spread a little pesto onto the center of each chicken breast.
- In a bowl, mix the sundried tomatoes, cheese, corn starch, and crushed red pepper. Then, divide each chicken breast.
- Roll up the chicken and secure it with a toothpick.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken roll up and brown on both sides, for about 5-6 minutes.
- Then, whisk the garlic, Italian seasoning, corn starch, balsamic vinegar, and chicken broth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving. Garnish the chicken with extra sauce and fresh basil leaves.
- If desired, serve the chicken with a side salad or spaghetti.
From the delicious pesto filling to the brothy balsamic sauce, create the BEST with Argo! Argo Corn Starch will make the difference in just about any dish, like this cozy and comforting chicken roll ups recipe!
Did you make this Skillet Chicken, Pesto, and Sundried Tomato Roll Ups recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER