This Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole is inspired by one of my favorite coffeeshop wraps. This easy breakfast is made with sautéed spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and feta cheese and can be cut into squares or served in a wrap.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
The Spinach Feta Wrap from Starbucks is one of my favorite things on their breakfast menu. But I don’t get to Starbucks too often these days. So I wanted to try making a breakfast casserole with all of the flavor of my favorite Starbucks breakfast wrap.
The idea was basically to take the wrap’s filling and turn it into an easy-to-serve breakfast casserole. Then, I could enjoy the casserole on its own or in a wrap. Plus, I would be able to share it with my husband as a heat-and-eat breakfast he could take to work.
While the Starbucks wrap is made with egg whites, this breakfast casserole is made with whole eggs and milk. Then, sautéed spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, and seasonings are mixed in. The mixture is poured into a baking dish and topped with crumbled feta before baking for 40 minutes.
When the breakfast casserole is done, cut it into squares or serve it inside a wrap for an easy and delicious breakfast! Just like my egg breakfast muffins, this is a great recipe to make at the beginning of the week and enjoy all week long!
Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole
Get egg-cited! This Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole is perfect for meal prepping, reheats beautifully, and tastes delicious!
The first step to making this breakfast casserole is sautéing the spinach. Add olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Then, add the spinach and sauté just until it’s wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
Now, we can start on our egg mixture. In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, garlic powder, and onion powder together. Season with salt and pepper. Then, mix in the sautéed spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
Pour the egg mixture into a greased 8″x8″ baking dish and crumble the feta cheese over the top. Then, bake the breakfast casserole for 35-40 minutes or until the eggs have set.
Once the casserole is cooked, cut it into squares and serve it on its own or in a wrap!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8"x8" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and cook just until wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, garlic powder, and onion powder together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then, mix in the sauteed spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Crumble the feta cheese over the top of the egg mixture.
- Bake the breakfast casserole for 35-40 minutes, or until the eggs have set.
- Cut the casserole into squares and serve on its own or in a wrap.
This is another simple breakfast recipe that can easily be switched up. Toss in some bacon instead of sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella cheese instead of feta, kale instead of spinach – you get the picture!
While this recipe is pretty darn tasty on its own, customize it to your liking for a make ahead breakfast you’ll be able to enjoy all week long!
Did you make this Spinach Feta Breakfast Casserole recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER