I received product from Cole & Mason in exchange for this post. No other compensation has been received. All opinions are 100% my own.
This Sriracha Shrimp and Summer Veggie Flatbread is packed with flavor, “summer heat,” and a ton of fresh, garden veggies! It’s a delicious, light summer lunch!
When my father makes mussels in the summer, he always makes them with “summer heat.” That means that there’s just enough heat added to the dish without making you break into a sweat! It’s summer. You’re probably overheating already! “Summer heat” is a nice heat that makes the tongue tingle, but doesn’t take away from any of the other flavors in the dish. So when Cole & Mason sent me their Sriracha Spice Seasoning Mill Refill, I immediately thought about creating a recipe with a little of that “summer heat.”
Mussels. Been there, done that a few times. I love them, but I’m giving shrimp the spotlight in this recipe. I recently scored an awesome deal on shrimp from one of my favorite local fishmongers! We’re talking enough shrimp to split into three or four plentiful two-serving portions! So I decided to use some of our shrimp to make a Sriracha Shrimp and Summer Veggie Flatbread. This flatbread has just the right amount of that “summer heat” and gives you a delicious reason to use up some of your garden bounty!
It was a slow start to gardening season this year, but our plants are really starting to burst now. Especially the garden at my in-laws’ house! It’s like having a free farmer’s market just a few minutes away! Between our garden and their garden, I’ve been trying to add a ton of homegrown veggies into every meal. We definitely have enough eggplant, zucchini, onions, peppers, and tomatoes to do just that!
Another thing I tend to have stocked most of the time is flatbread. I picked up a package of roasted garlic flatbread, just because, but wanted to use it for something more than just flatbread pizza. It was the perfect base for my summer veggies and adding Sriracha seasoned shrimp to the mix made it a tasty party! This flatbread is definitely an excellent, light, summer lunch!
BRING THE HEAT WITH THIS SRIRACHA SHRIMP AND SUMMER VEGGIE FLATBREAD!
- 8-10 large shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 1/2 or more tbsps. Cole & Mason Sriracha Seasoning, ground
- 1 roasted garlic naan flatbread
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 whole-1/2 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup small zucchini, cut into thin rounds
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, toss the shrimp in a little olive oil and the Cole & Mason Sriracha Seasoning.
- Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to a medium-large skillet and heat over a medium flame.
- Then, add the prepped veggies and cook for about 6-8 minutes, or until the veggies just begin to soften.
- Add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet and cook until they're pink and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes.
- While the veggies and shrimp are cooking, place the flatbread in the oven to warm.
- When the veggies and shrimp are done cooking, remove the flatbread.
- Use tongs to add the veggie and shrimp mixture on top of the flatbread.
- Cut into pieces with a pizza cutter and enjoy!
I have to admit that I wasn’t familiar with Cole & Mason’s seasonings before creating this post. I’m glad so I was introduced to them! I’m going to be putting this Sriracha Spice on a ton of dishes! The seasonings are meant to be ground in a mill to release their natural flavors. My mortar and pestle worked just as well!
Each of Cole & Mason’s spice blends are certified Kosher and made with quality ingredients. Want to try one of these blends for yourself? Enter this sweepstakes for your chance to win free product, housewares, or a grand prize worth $1000!
PIN FOR LATER