This post has been sponsored by Social Native and Success. This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
If you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal or holiday side with lots of fall flavor and crunch, this Quinoa and Brussels Sprouts Salad with Chicken is it!
With the holidays just around the corner, I’ve been trying my best to eat wholesome meals and keep healthier snacks in the house. It’s not always easy to make better choices. Especially with leftover Halloween candy (we didn’t get ANY trick-or-treaters this year) and heavier holiday dishes being tested in our kitchen.
Thankfully, my efforts to eat better before I gorge myself on our holiday feast has allowed me to eat the seasonal fruits and veggies that I enjoy so much. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again – I love fall produce!
Currently, I’m all about fresh Brussels sprouts. My mom got me into Brussels sprouts when I was younger. She used to buy the frozen kind that comes in a light sauce. No one else in the house ate them besides us and I never really understood why. I just love these little cabbages!
Once upon a time, Brussels sprouts got a pretty bad rap. So I’m so happy to see them standing out in more recipes these days – like this recipe! I made this Quinoa and Brussels Sprouts Salad for the first time last year. It was easy to put together and it’s full of so many great fall flavors. It’s a quick weeknight meal that’s filling and made with wholesome ingredients.
A Quick and Easy Weeknight Meal or Holiday Side Dish!
Quinoa is also one of those foods that I’ve come to truly love. It’s delicious on its own, but I like using it to bulk up my salads. Not only does quinoa keep you full and satisfied, but it’s a great source of protein and antioxidants. Use it in place of rice in your dishes!
I would even go so far to say that if you ditch the chicken, you could probably pass this salad off as a holiday side! It’s quick, easy, and all you would have to cook is the quinoa and bacon!
Want to really make things easy on yourself? Use Success’s Quinoa Boil-in-Bag. Just drop the bag in boiling water and you’ll have cooked quinoa in minutes! Plus, it’s just enough quinoa needed to make this salad!
- 3 cups fresh Brussels sprouts, grated
- 1 bag of Success Quinoa Boil-in-Bag, or 1 1/2 cups tricolor quinoa
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins
- 4 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Crumbled herb & garlic goat cheese, or cheese of your choice
- Optional: Cranberry Pear balsamic dressing
- Prepare the quinoa according to package. Once the quinoa is cooked, allow it to cool.
- While the quinoa is cooking, heat a skillet and add the bacon. Cook the bacon until crispy, about 5-8 minutes. Drain bacon on a paper towel.
- Wipe out the pan and add the chicken tenders. Cook for 8-10 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- In a large bowl, add the shaved Brussels sprouts, quinoa, bacon, onions, pecans, and cranberries. Mix to combine ingredients.
- Top with chicken and crumbled goat cheese.
- Serve with your favorite fall dressing!
This was another one of those recipes that I wasn’t sure if my husband would enjoy. Turns out, he thought it was “really, really good.” I mean, what’s not to like about a big salad made with a bunch of fall flavors like shaved Brussels sprouts, quinoa, cranberries, and pecans?
We topped our salad with a Cranberry Pear White Balsamic from a local artisan oil and balsamic vinegar shop. Drizzle it with your favorite dressing and enjoy a truly delicious and filling fall salad!
PIN FOR LATER