This post is sponsored by McCain Potatoes but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Score a touchdown with your game day crowd with these Loaded BBQ Pulled Pork Beer Battered Fries topped with cheddar, pulled pork, green onions, and coleslaw! This dish a definite win for fans of football food!
Here’s the deal – I might not be able to talk football, but I can definitely talk football food! You’ve got to have some great finger food during the big game whether it’s sandwiches or a spread of frozen appetizers and snacks! There’s nothing easier than pulling out your slow cooker the morning of the big game, cooking up some hot sandwich fillings, and then baking up frozen snacks for your crowd.
One of the easiest hot sandwiches you’ll ever make in your slow cooker is pulled pork. Serve them with a side of fries and boom – dinner’s done! So I decided to take inspiration from one of the ultimate tailgating sandwiches and make some seriously loaded fries! I mean, what’s better during game day than a pulled pork sandwich, a side of crispy fries, and a cold beer? Putting it all together in one dish!
These Loaded BBQ Pulled Pork Beer Battered Fries start with crispy McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries from Walmart. Bake them in the oven or start them in the air fryer, like I did, for extra crispiness. Then, load them up with shredded cheddar cheese, BBQ pulled pork, green onions, and a hefty spoonful of coleslaw!
My tip to you is to make the pulled pork the night before. We had pulled pork sandwiches for dinner and then I used the leftovers to make these loaded fries the next day! So easy! You could also swap McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries for McCain Seasoned Curly Fries or McCain Extra Crispy Crinkle Fries.
- 1 lb. boneless pork loin
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 12 oz. can beer
- 18 oz. bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bag McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese mix
- 1-2 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup coleslaw
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: splash of Tabasco
- Place the boneless pork loin in the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic powder to the pork loin and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the beer, barbecue sauce, and Worcestershire sauce over the pork loin. Add a splash of Tabasco sauce, if desired. Stir well to combine.
- Set the slow cooker on low for 8 hours. During the last hour, shred the pork with a fork and continue cooking.
- While the pulled pork finishes, cook the McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries according to package (I cooked them at 400º for 12-15 minutes in my air fryer).
- Add the fries to a large cast iron skillet. Top with shredded cheddar and pulled pork.
- Place the skillet back into the 450º oven for a few minutes, just until the cheese melts.
- Top with coleslaw and serve with extra barbecue sauce, if desired.
The ultimate game day dish!
You could make the pulled pork with pork shoulder, but I always use pork loin. It’s a little more tender and I still get the same delicious results! I also recommend saving some of the barbecue sauce you made for the pulled pork to dip the fries into! It came out really good!
If this isn’t ultimate game day food, than I don’t know what is! Grab a fork (or just use your fingers) and dive into these Loaded BBQ Pulled Pork Beer Battered Fries! It’s definitely a snacking win!
Grab everything you need to make this game day dish at Walmart. You can find McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries, McCain Seasoned Curly Fries, and McCain Extra Crispy Crinkle Fries in the freezer section.
We love how McCain Craft Beer Battered Thin Cut Fries stay crispy, even loaded up with pulled pork and toppings! They’re made with American pale ale, giving them an amazing flavor that’s perfect football food!
PIN FOR LATER