Sweeten up buttery blondies with chocolate mini egg candies, white chocolate chips, and rainbow sprinkles to make them a fun and colorful Easter treat!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
So…Easter’s pretty much canceled this year. Right? Not gonna lie – I’ve always wanted to spend a quiet holiday at home – just the two of us – so a year without celebrations isn’t such a disappointment to me. Sure, I miss my family, but we’ve been doing Facetime and I call and text my parents regularly. Once we get out of isolation, I know we’ll end up having a big celebration anyway to catch up on everything we’ve missed!
In the meantime, I’ve prepared us for an Easter feast of boneless, sliced ham for two and I was able to get fresh vegetables through my Hungryroot delivery. As for dessert, I’ve got six more of these Chocolate Mini Egg Easter Blondies in the freezer.
Chocolate Mini Egg Easter Blondies
I made my first batch of these blondies a few weeks ago and wasn’t entirely pleased with how they turned out. They were a lot thicker and I didn’t have all of the ingredients I would have liked to use. They weren’t bad. In fact, we finished them off pretty quickly! They just weren’t what I envisioned them to be.
So I placed a Target order for ingredients (thank goodness for delivery and delivery drivers right now) and was able to get everything I needed to remake this recipe. This time around, they came out the way I wanted them to – full of milk chocolate mini eggs, white chocolate chips, and sprinkles in a buttery, chewy, golden bar!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup milk chocolate mini eggs
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup springtime rainbow sprinkles mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9"x13" pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, sugars, butter, and vanilla together until smooth.
- Slowly incorporate the flour and mix in the salt and baking powder.
- Once combined, fold in the chocolate mini eggs, chocolate chips, and rainbow sprinkles.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until golden brown around the edges and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow blondies to cool. Then, cut into bars.
If desired, press more mini eggs, chocolate chips, and sprinkles into the top of the blondies before cutting them and while they're still warm.
These Easter blondies are a tasty, colorful treat that kids can help make! Let them help add the ingredients to the bowl and stir. Then, pour everything into a baking pan and bake! Easter might feel a bit different this year, but you can still make it feel special with some homemade Easter blondies!
Swap in these fun mix-ins!
- Milk chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate mini eggs
- Butterscotch baking chips
- Chopped pecans
- Easter M&M’s
- Chocolate bunnies, chopped
- Chocolate peanut butter eggs, chopped
Did you make these Chocolate Mini Egg Easter Blondies? Share your pics on Instagram using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER