You won’t miss the meat with this flavorful Spicy Beyond Meat Taco Burger recipe! It’s a perfect meal mashup for Meatless Monday, Taco Tuesday, or any day of the week!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
There’s a meat shortage going on and it’s not much of a problem for me (for my husband, that’s another story). I went vegetarian for a few years back in my 20’s. Now, I still enjoy plant proteins and meatless meals. Back when I was vegetarian, I was doing it, not only for my health, but as a stance on animal rights (hello, college years).
These days, I’ve incorporated meatless meals into my diet mostly for my health, but also because I truly enjoy eating these meat substitutions. It allows me to cut down on my meat intake while still getting an appropriate amount of protein. Plus, it encourages me to use a lot of fresh ingredients.
Spicy Beyond Meat Taco Burger
Grilling season is back and I’m so ready to sink my teeth into a juicy burger. Any juicy burger! I’ve become a big fan of Beyond Meat products this past year. In fact, I think they’re the best meatless products on the market right now.
If you’re trying to cut down on meat, but not the flavor, Beyond is it! The first time I tried one of their patties, I was shocked to find that it had the same consistency and flavor as a regular beef burger.
I was able to get a package of Beyond veggie based crumbles in one of my Hungryroot boxes. Even though they offer the patties, I wanted to be able to make my own and add in additional ingredients.
After making my Black Bean Taco Salad, I had some of my homemade tortilla strips leftover. I was immediately inspired to make a taco style burger mixed with hot sauce, taco seasoning, and shredded cheddar. Once the burgers were cooked, I topped them with lettuce, more cheese, tortilla strips, and salsa!
- 1 package ground Beyond Beef
- 1 1/2 tbsp. taco seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. ancho chili powder
- Splash of Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 burger buns
- Optional toppings: cheddar cheese, salsa, tortilla strips, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Mix the ground Beyond Beef, taco seasoning, ancho chili powder, Tabasco sauce, and cheddar cheese in a bowl.
- Form the mixture into 4 burger patties.
- Grill burgers for 3 minutes on each side, or until browned with grill marks.
- Toast buns and place a burger on each bun.
- Top with more cheddar cheese, salsa, tortilla strips, lettuce, guacamole, or sour cream, if desired.
If you’re not a fan of spicy food, you can omit the Tabasco sauce completely. I just put enough of it in the burger mixture to give it some good flavor. If you’re not big on meatless proteins, you can totally make a good old fashioned beef burger with this seasoning blend. Want to get real crazy? Serve this burger in a soft tortilla!
Did you make this Spicy Beyond Meat Taco Burger recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER