This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #simplyHatfield #EasterWithHatfieldHam #CollectiveBias
This Hatfield Ham, Asparagus, and Egg Tart is a delicious way to use up Easter leftovers or serve an easy and flavorful, one pan and done spring dish for brunch!
Do you have your Easter plans all set and ready to go? Easter is just a couple weeks away and, while our plans aren’t set in stone just yet, one thing’s for sure – there will be ham on the table! Like most holidays, we split our Easter celebration between both sides of the family. That means, we usually come home with leftovers. That’s my favorite part of any holiday meal!
Since we have two Easter celebrations each year, there’s usually a decent amount of leftovers to freeze or reheat for days after! Leftover ham is always delicious reheated in slices for breakfast with eggs or used in a cheesy calzone for dinner. But this time of year, I’m all about eating seasonally and incorporating the flavors of spring into our meals!
Ham is about to become the star of most Easter tables. But it’s also become a big part of our dinner table, in general. We keep Hatfield Ham Steaks from ACME in the freezer to use as a convenient breakfast, lunch, or dinner option. They’re already fully cooked making mealtime a breeze!
Not only are they really tasty, they’re so easy to incorporate into recipes, as well! Just look at how easy it was to use Hatfield Ham Steaks in my Low Carb Cauliflower Hawaiian Fried Rice recipe!
Celebrate the flavors of spring with this easy Hatfield Ham, Asparagus, and Egg Tart!
With Easter coming up, I wanted to use Hatfield Ham Steaks to make a spring-inspired Ham, Asparagus, and Egg Tart. This easy tart is made with a puff pastry crust, homemade dijonnaise, Gruyère cheese, ham, asparagus, and eggs. When I say this tart is easy to make, I mean it! It’s basically a one pan and done dish!
This tart would be perfect to serve for Easter brunch, as an easy springtime dish (think Mother’s Day!), or as a great way to use up those Easter ham leftovers!
- 1 - 17 oz. package puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 3 tbsp. light mayo, or your favorite mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- Garlic powder
- 1 small-medium bunch asparagus, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 6 oz. Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 Hatfield Ham Steak, diced
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out both sheets of puff pastry dough, layering one on top of the other to form one large sheet.
- Place on the baking sheet and fold the edges over to create a crust. Poke holes into the bottom of the pastry.
- Bake puff pastry for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a small bowl, mix together the light mayo, Dijon mustard, thyme, and a little garlic powder. Spread the mixture onto the pastry crust.
- Sprinkle most of the Gruyère cheese on top of the crust.
- Follow by adding the ham and asparagus, leaving spaces open for the eggs.
- Carefully crack the ends into the spaces. Sprinkle any leftover cheese onto the top of the tart.
- Place the tart back into the oven and bake for 15-20 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the eggs have set.
- Serve immediately.
This tart is best when enjoyed the day it was made, but can also be reheated at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
For a limited time only, receive a $2 Rebate with purchase of any Hatfield® Uncured Ham.
If you have a small Easter brunch on or before the holiday, I definitely recommend grabbing a few Hatfield Ham Steaks. Hatfield’s quality ham products are always so easy to make! They’re gluten-free, full of flavor, and ethically raised by family owned farms. Grab these convenient Ham Steaks in the meat aisle of your supermarket.
One Hatfield Ham Steak is all it takes to whip up this delicious, springtime tart! But they’re so good and versatile, you’ll want to keep them on hand for ready-to-make weeknight meals or an easy breakfast or lunch!
PIN FOR LATER