This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
This easy S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich Cake is made with layers of ice cream sandwiches, marshmallow whipped topping, graham crackers, and chocolate syrup!
Our 7th wedding anniversary was this past weekend and my 28th – I mean, 38th birthday is on Monday. There’s a lot to celebrate! It’s become kind of a yearly tradition that my husband and I work on an anniversary project together. But the 7th wedding anniversary is the copper and wool anniversary.
I’m allergic to wool and I came up short with copper projects. So instead, we spent loads of quality time together since my husband was off last week. That was enough to keep my heart full.
This year, instead of sharing an anniversary project, we’re skipping straight ahead to my birthday! What I want to eat for my birthday is never really a hard decision (it’s usually steak or seafood – or both). It’s deciding on dessert that tends to stump me. Honestly, I’m not a big fan of cake – ice cream or baked.
Usually, I’ll have my husband make me brownies (he makes the best brownies). A couple years ago, we made our own s’mores over fire in the backyard. Simple, but a quintessential summertime treat. I was thinking about those s’mores recently and decided that I wanted to celebrate my birthday with a s’mores-inspired ice cream cake this year.
Yes! Ice cream cake!
But not just an ice cream cake – a S’mores Ice Cream Sandwich Cake!
An easy, s’mores style summer dessert!
Have you made an ice cream sandwich cake before? It’s such an easy summer dessert to make! Ice cream sandwiches get layered in a loaf pan with whipped topping, candies, sweet sauces, and whatever else you want to add to the cake!
Because I wanted a s’mores style cake, I stirred marshmallow creme into my tub of Cool Whip. One layer of ice cream sandwiches was added to the pan. Then, a layer of marshmallow creme topping. After that, I added crushed up graham crackers and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
I followed with another layer of ice cream sandwiches, spread the whipped topping on top again, and froze the cake for a couple of hours. Once everything was frozen solid, I removed the cake from the pan. Then, I frosted the entire cake with whipped topping and froze it again. When it was time to serve, I added more graham crackers on top and finished with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- 1 box of square ice cream sandwiches (I used Klondike)
- 8 oz. Lite Cool Whip
- 7 oz. jar marshmallow Fluff
- 6-8 low fat graham crackers, crushed
- Chocolate syrup
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper.
- In a bowl, mix the Cool Whip and Fluff together. Set aside
- Add a layer of ice cream sandwiches to the bottom of the loaf pan. You may have to cut a sandwich in half to make them fit.
- Follow with a layer of the marshmallow whipped topping.
- Then, add crushed graham crackers and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
- Add another layer of ice cream sandwiches on top of that.
- Cover the loaf pan and place in the freezer for about an hour, or until solid.
- Carefully remove the cake from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Frost the entire cake with whipped topping and place back into the freezer for at least two hours.
- Before serving, add more crushed graham crackers on top. Finish with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
When it’s time to serve, slice this baby up to reveal the delicious layers inside! I’m pretty sure this cake has made me an ice cream cake lover now. Well, at least an ice cream sandwich cake lover! It’s like the best of summer all rolled into one delicious dessert!
Share your pics of this recipe on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER