This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this easy Bunny Bait Easter Muddy Buddies (or Puppy Chow) recipe! It’s a delicious Easter snack or dessert that your little “bunnies” will love!
Happy April! With Easter coming up in just a few weeks, I’ve gotten quite a sweet tooth again! But my sweet tooth has been satisfied – at least for now – while snacking on this recipe! For the past couple of months, all I’ve seen on Instagram is different Muddy Buddies (also called Puppy Chow) combinations that look so delicious. I had never had Muddy Buddies of any kind before! So I figured it was about time to see what all the fuss was about and made a cute Muddy Buddies recipe for Easter.
Why didn’t anyone tell me how good this stuff is?!
Okay, okay. I probably should have known that Muddy Buddies were going to be amazing. After all, I make a White Chocolate Cranberry Chex Bark for Christmas almost every year. Not only do I think it’s delicious, my family practically begs for it! So I know I’ll have to make another batch of this Muddy Buddies recipe for our Easter celebrations this year!
Have you ever had Muddy Buddies before? This simple “Bunny Bait” snack recipe will satisfy your craving for something sweet this Easter season!
Chex cereal gets coated in a white chocolate and peanut butter combination, which is pretty freaking tasty on its own! But then, it’s tossed with powdered sugar and topped with coconut flakes and fun Easter sprinkles! It’s a pretty little springtime Chex mix that tastes so good!
Bunny Bait Easter Muddy Buddies – a seriously sweet Easter treat!
I’ve seen Muddy Buddies recipes that look like they’ve had about an entire bag of powdered sugar poured over them. My teeth hurt just looking at them! While most recipes start with two cups of sugar, I started with one cup and worked my way up.
I also didn’t toss in the coconut flakes or sprinkles until the very end. Instead, I used them as a topping so I could better control the amount of sweetness. I also wanted the colorful sprinkles to really “pop” in this mix. If you want an extra touch of bunny cuteness, you could add some mini marshmallows for “cotton tails!” I just thought this mix was sweet enough already.
- 9 cups Rice Chex™, or your favorite Chex cereal
- 1 - 12 oz. bag white chocolate morsels
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1-2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Easter sprinkle mix
- Measure 9 cups of Rice Chex™ into a large bowl. Prepare a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Add the white chocolate morsels to a medium pot and melt over a low flame.
- As soon as the white chocolate begins to melt, stir in the butter, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Once the mixture is smooth, remove from heat and pour over the cereal. Stir to coat.
- Spoon the Rice Chex™ mixture into a large resealable bag.
- Add the powdered sugar and seal bag. Shake until well coated.
- Spoon the mix evenly onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle with coconut flakes and Easter sprinkles.
- Allow to cool completely. Then, store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
If your little “bunnies” are having an Easter celebration in their classroom, spoon some of these Muddy Buddies into cute Easter baggies to hand out in class. Or serve this snack during your Easter celebration in a cute bunny bowl!
This Bunny Bait Easter Muddy Buddies recipe isn’t just festive, it’s a seriously addictive Easter snack or dessert! It’s super easy to make and makes a pretty big batch, too!
PIN FOR LATER