This Roasted Fall Vegetable Medley is a simple side dish made with a rainbow of fall veggies like potatoes, Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, mushrooms, and more!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
After my last trip to the farmer’s market, I had a bunch of vegetables that needed to be used. I also had a full container of butternut squash from my Hungryroot box. It’s obvious, with my latest veggie picks, that I am saying good-bye to summer produce and welcoming in all of fall’s beautiful fruits and veggies! Who knew that I had a rainbow just sitting in my fridge!
Roasted Fall Vegetable Medley
This roasted vegetable medley recipe gives me all the fall vibes! It’s full of colorful and delicious seasonal veggies. It’s a simple side dish, but sometimes the simplest dishes are the ones that end up being the most satisfying. This roasted veggie medley is warm, comforting, and goes well with just about any of your favorite fall dishes!
After chopping all of my veggies and herbs, I added them to a large mixing bowl and drizzled them with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil. I used just enough olive oil to coat my veggies so they would they would brown up nicely and get a crisp, golden edge.
I prepared a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the veggies evenly onto it. Then, they went into the oven, at 400 degrees, to roast to golden perfection!
Give the veggies a flip halfway through cooking so they’ll roast evenly. Cooking time may vary depending on how golden and crispy you like your veggies. I cooked my veggie medley for 50-60 minutes because I like those super dark bits. If you like your veggies a little lighter, bake for 40 minutes.
Plate the roasted veggies and garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary, if desired, and you have an easy fall side dish that’s colorful and delicious!
- 2 medium-large red potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 cups baby bella mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 small red onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the chopped veggies and herbs to a large bowl.
- Add the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Spread the veggies evenly onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake veggies for 40-50 minutes, turning halfway, until tender and golden brown around the edges.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary, if desired, and serve.
If you really want to up your veggie medley game, give this a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Or you could really go crazy and add some crumbled bacon!
I know that it might seem a little too early to talk about Thanksgiving, but this would make a killer Thanksgiving side dish! Easy, too! And it will add a beautiful rainbow of colors to your holiday spread!
Every single one of these veggies is in season right now, so take advantage! Hit the farmer’s market and enjoy this simple fall side dish!
Did you make this Roasted Fall Vegetable Medley recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER