This Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodle Salad delicious cold noodle salad inspired by Thai flavors and made with zoodles.
This post may contain affiliate links. Purchases made through these links help support this blog.
I recently ordered a vegetable spiralizer after seeing a plethora of zucchini noodle – “zoodle” – recipes pop up. Let’s be honest – during the Winter, it’s easy to pack on extra pounds. The cold weather doesn’t exactly have me craving Summertime smoothies, salads and fresh fruit and vegetables. I tend to crave heavy foods, lots of carbs and meals that sit in your belly and warm you up.
Whether or not you’re still freezing your booty off, Spring will be here next month. As we keep dreaming about warmer weather, let’s start to consider lighter dishes to get us in top shape for those sunshine days ahead!
A recent trip to the farmer’s market produced some healthier meal inspiration. Among my haul were three medium zucchini squashes. One was roasted with other veggies as a side dish. Two were turned into a Thai-inspired cold noodle salad. This salad makes for a light lunch that is full of flavor with a satisfying crunch. It’s green, raw, vegan-friendly and completely healthy!
Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodle Salad
- 2 medium zucchinis, washed with ends cut off
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 tbsp. peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp. honey
- Fresh cilantro
- Scallions, chopped
- Peanuts, shelled and lightly salted
- Using a vegetable spiralizer, make zucchini noodles and place in a large bowl.
- Julienne your carrots and add them to the bowl along with the avocado.
- In a small microwavable-safe bowl, whisk together peanut butter, lime juice and honey until combined.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat for 15 seconds or until PB is a creamy liquid.
- Pour over salad.
- Garnish zucchini salad with fresh cilantro, scallions, peanuts and serve.
This salad is fresh, it’s simple and there’s no cooking involved! Turn it into a dinner dish by adding chicken or shrimp or eat it raw for a quick and healthy, vegan-friendly lunch. Enjoy!