Use your Thanksgiving leftovers to create this delicious Trader Joe’s Inspired Gobbler Quesadilla filled with turkey, kale, butternut squash, cranberries, and mozzarella.
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
My sister and I recently took a trip to Trader Joe’s to check out all of their pumpkin items. During that trip, I was reunited with my favorite wrap ever – the Gobbler. It’s like having Thanksgiving all wrapped up in a soft tortilla. The wrap is filled with turkey, stuffing, cranberry relish, and Neufchatel cheese.
Right next to the wrap was a Gobbler Quesadilla. The quesadilla isn’t exactly the same as the wrap. It’s filled with turkey, mozzarella cheese, butternut squash cubes, cranberries, and kale. My sister and I each bought one. When we got back to my house we heated up our quesadillas for lunch.
My sister and I both agreed that we’d buy this quesadilla again. But looking at the ingredient list, I figured it was easy enough to make a copycat version at home. Even easier when I could get all of the ingredients through Hungryroot! I added most of the ingredients to one of my last deliveries and couldn’t wait to make my copycat version!
Trader Joe’s Inspired Gobbler Quesadilla
This recipe is a great way to use up those Thanksgiving turkey leftovers (I live for Thanksgiving leftovers!). Instead of dried cranberries, you could even use leftover cranberry sauce instead. And instead of butternut squash, use up those roasted sweet potatoes!
The first thing we need to do is start the filling. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add garlic to the pan. Cook just until it’s fragrant, then add the kale and butternut squash cubes. Let the kale and squash cook until the kale has wilted and the squash is fork tender.
Remove the kale mix from the pan and wipe it out. Then, add a tortilla and start scooping in half of the filling ingredients. Top the quesadilla with another tortilla, cook for 3-4 minutes, then carefully flip it over.
Cook the quesadilla for another 3-4 minutes or until the bottom is crispy and golden brown and the cheese has melted. Then, repeat with the rest of the tortillas. Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve!
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup kale leaves
- 1 cup butternut squash cubes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups roasted turkey meat
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 white flour tortillas
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- Then, add the kale and butternut squash cubes, cooking until the kale has wilted and the butternut squash is fork tender. Remove the kale and squash mixture from the pan and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet. Place a tortilla into the skillet and add half of the kale mixture, half of the turkey meat, half of the cranberries, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Place another tortilla on top and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Use a large spatula to carefully flip the tortilla over and cook for 3-4 minutes. Repeat with the other tortillas.
- Then, slice the quesadillas into 4 pieces and serve.
If you’re already planning ahead for those Thanksgiving leftovers, make sure to save this recipe! Or get a head start on all of that gobble gobble goodness by adding these ingredients to your next Hungryroot delivery!
Make this Trader Joe’s Inspired Gobbler Quesadilla recipe with Hungryroot!
Grab the ingredients to make this recipe and more with Hungryroot! Use my code 30OFF2NFREEBIE at checkout to score 30% off your first two deliveries + get a freebie for life! You can choose from a free veggie, cookie dough, or pasta for the length of your subscription!
Did you make this Trader Joe’s Inspired Gobbler Quesadilla recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER