This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
Summer officially starts tomorrow! In my family, we have lots of reasons to celebrate during the summer. We’re talking loads of birthdays, a graduation, and our wedding anniversary. And honestly, I’m probably forgetting something because there’s always so much going on! I feel like the summer itself is just one, big celebration. Forget the birthdays, anniversaries, and everything else that’s happening during the next couple months. We made it through a cold, snowy winter and summer is like our prize for patiently waiting for its return!
Or not-so-patiently waiting.
The entire summer season seems reason enough to gather with friends and family and pour a few cocktails or a tall glass of lemonade or sun tea! So I thought it would be fun to make some tropical drink stirrers to have on hand for our summer celebrations!
These simple drink stirrers start with clear swizzle sticks. I made little, tropical shapes out of oven-bake clay to glue on top of the sticks. I found a cute pineapple mold at Michael’s. Then, I found a set of tropical molds on Amazon to use to make palm trees.
I would suggest sticking to shapes that have a sturdy base. While the palm trees definitely worked out in the end, I had a little patching up to do on the tree trunk when I glued it onto the swizzle stick. The pineapples, on the other hand, came out ready to party!
- Pineapple and palm tree silicone molds
- Yellow, green, and brown oven-bake clay
- Super glue
- Clear swizzle sticks
- Start making your pineapples and palm trees. Press yellow clay into the pineapple mold leaving room at the top for green clay. Then, press green clay into the top of the palm tree mold leaving room for brown clay at the bottom.
- Carefully remove the clay shapes from the mold. Smooth any edges, if necessary.
- Gently push a clear swizzle stick into the bottom of the clay shape. Remove the swizzle stick and set aside.
- Place parchment paper on a small baking sheet. Bake the clay according to package.
- Remove the clay shapes from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once the shapes are cool, add a little super glue into the opening and, once again, gently push the swizzle stick into the bottom.
- Set the stirrers aside until the glue has completely dried. Then, whip up a batch of cocktails and get your stir on!
So even if you’re just serving up lemonade and tea to the kiddos this summer, these tropical drink stirrers will make those summer sips all the more fun! Want to designate drink cups? Make a bunch of different shapes for everyone to choose from!
These drink stirrers took just minutes to make! Even though I used mine in simple glasses of lemonade, imagine how fun they’ll look in your favorite mocktail or cocktail! Cheers to summer!
PIN FOR LATER