Turkey and egg white breakfast cups are an easy breakfast that uses up leftover deli turkey!
Confession: I hate going to the deli counter and waiting for my number to be called. I also hate calling my order over a counter that I can barely see over (short girl problems). So I’m pretty thankful for the prepackaged deli meats in my local supermarket. I might pay a little more at times, but the grab-and-go is so convenient to me.
However, there are only so many sandwiches we can devour. What’s there to do with that leftover lunch meat? We recently had some turkey left over. In efforts to eat a little better, I decided to create breakfast cups that are easy to make and even easier to reheat for breakfast! All you need are six slices of turkey (low-sodium ham works, too), egg whites, fresh herbs and a muffin pan!
- 6 slices of roasted turkey (or low-sodium ham)
- 6 eggs
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Fresh chives (or other fresh herbs)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Coat a standard muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one slice of turkey in each space in the muffin pan.
- One at a time, crack an egg white in a measuring cup.
- Add lemon pepper to season and whisk for a few seconds.
- Pour one whisked egg white into each turkey cup.
- Chop fresh chives and sprinkle over each breakfast cup.
- Bake cups for 20 minutes or until egg white is set.
- Serve warm or cool and store in a container in the fridge. Reheat in microwave for a minute and enjoy!
These breakfast cups are not only a healthier breakfast option, but pack a lot of flavor! Then again, when it comes to Springtime dishes, you can find me putting lemon pepper and fresh herbs on just about everything!