This Easy Vegan Potato Salad is mayo and egg-free and made with fresh ingredients like green onions and bell pepper. It’s a delicious plant-based side dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
With the weather warming up, I find myself making more salads to have with dinner or eat for lunch. Some are green and some are veggie loaded, but you won’t find many mayo-based salads gracing our table. Why? Mayo kind of freaks me out. Well, the real stuff anyway. The funny thing is, I don’t have a problem with vegan mayo. I actually think it tastes better than regular mayo!
So while I was trying to figure out sides to make with our Easter dinner, I decided to make a quick potato salad using Vegenaise. But this wasn’t your average potato salad. Not only was the mayo I used vegan, but I ditched the celery (the hubs isn’t a fan) and the mustard (vegan mayo tends to have mustard in it already), swapped in bell pepper instead, and used green onions instead of a yellow or red onion.
Easy Vegan Potato Salad
This salad may be a little different than your average potato salad, but it proved to be a new favorite in our house! After some hefty helpings and leftovers the next day, this salad didn’t stand a chance in our house!
My husband said that the thing that really makes this salad is the green onion. They add a fresh onion flavor to the salad without being too pungent. And I enjoyed the crunch of the chopped bell pepper! All-in-all, it’s a really delicious potato salad!
The first thing you need to do is prep and boil your potatoes. Peel the potatoes (am I the only person who enjoys doing this?) and chop them up. Then, drop them in a medium pot and cover them with water. Boil them just until they’re fork-tender, then drain and set aside.
Add the potatoes to a large mixing bowl along with the chopped green onions and peppers.
Now we’re going to whip up our “mayo” base. Add Vegenaise, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar to a small bowl and stir it up. Then, pour the mixture into the bowl of potatoes, green onions, and peppers, stirring gently.
Chill the potato salad in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it. Once you’re ready to serve, garnish the potato salad with some chopped parsley, if desired.
- 5 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup Vegenaise
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, or white vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- Add the potatoes to a medium pot and cover with water.
- Heat the pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Then, lower the heat and cook the potatoes until they are fork-tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the potatoes, green onion, and peppers to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add the Vegenaise, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar and combine. Stir the Vegenaise mixture into the bowl of potatoes, green onion, and peppers.
- Chill the potato salad until ready to serve and garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
If you have a bunch of potatoes in your kitchen, consider turning them into this quick and easy potato salad! Even if you’re not vegan, you can appreciate this potato salad made with simple and fresh ingredients that tastes great!
Did you make this Easy Vegan Potato Salad recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER