This Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad is made with shaved Brussels sprouts, bacon, potatoes, sundried tomatoes, Caesar dressing, and Parmesan cheese. It has all the flavor of Caesar salad in a warm and cozy fall side dish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
It’s funny how some of our favorite recipes come together when I’m not in the mood to cook at all. A few weeks back, I was looking for something quick to make with dinner. I had a bag of shaved Brussels sprouts, some leftover strips of bacon, and a bunch of yellow potatoes to use. So I made a warm Brussels sprouts salad.
As I started adding more things to the skillet, our warm salad became a loaded Caesar style salad. After dinner, my husband and I both commented on how good it was and split the leftovers for lunch the next day. I told him, “It’s a good thing I wrote everything down because I’m totally making this again!”
Wanting to add this recipe to my website was a great excuse to make it again! The only thing I did differently this time around was add big flakes of shaved Parmesan cheese on top. Everything else was prepared just as I did the first time around – in the skillet, then tossed with bottled Caesar dressing.
Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad
If you’re looking for a quick, weeknight dish that’s perfect for fall, this Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad is an impressive side dish that’s full of Caesar salad flavor. Plus, the entire salad is made in just one skillet!
The first step in making this salad is cooking the bacon. Chop it up and add it to a hot skillet. Cook it just until it’s nice and crispy. Then, remove it from the skillet and set aside.
Keep the skillet nice and hot. Then, dice up the potatoes and add them to the pan. Leave them undisturbed for a few minutes, then give them a stir. Once the potatoes have softened, remove them from the pan.
Wipe out the pan and add just a touch of olive oil. Add the potatoes back into the skillet and leave undisturbed, once again, until browned on the bottom. Continue to cook until browned on all sides.
Now, we’re going to add the shaved Brussels sprouts to the skillet, along with the chopped bacon. Cook until the Brussels sprouts are slightly softened.
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 large yellow potatoes, washed, diced, and patted dry
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 - 9 oz. bag shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Shaved parmesan, for topping
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon and cook just until it becomes crispy. Remove from the skillet, and set aside on a paper towel.
- Add the diced potatoes to the skillet. Leave them undisturbed for about 2-3 minutes, then stir. Continue until the potatoes have softened. Remove from skillet and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Wipe out the skillet and add 1/2 tbsp. olive oil. Add the potatoes back into the skillet and cook, undisturbed, until they start to brown. Stir and repeat until browned on all sides.
- Add the last 1/2 tbsp. olive oil to the skillet and add the Brussels sprouts. Cook until softened.
- Just before serving, stir in slivered sundried tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Toss with Caesar salad dressing and serve with shaved Parmesan cheese on top.
This salad has those warm and cozy fall feels. It’s the perfect dish to make when you want some that’s satisfying, but still light. And if you’re thinking ahead, this would make a great Thanksgiving side!
Did you make this Warm Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER