Pumpkin spice up your life with these easy, light and fluffy, White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars! They’re a delicious way to celebrate pumpkin spice season!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
It’s the end of September and I have yet to enjoy a pumpkin spice latte! I KNOW!! Usually, I’m driving to Starbucks the first morning the PSL is released. This year, the PSL came back during a heatwave. It just didn’t seem right, iced or not, to celebrate the return of one of my favorite seasonal drinks in hot and sticky, summer weather. So I’m making up for it with these White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars.
These pumpkin bars are full of that quintessential fall flavor that I love! Paired with the sweetness of white chocolate chips and a light and fluffy, cake-like texture, these are sure to become one of your favorite fall treats! I’ve made these pumpkin bars numerous times before and every time they’ve been a hit! They’ll satisfy cravings for pumpkin everything in every little bite!
I know pumpkin spice isn’t everyone’s cup of tea (or latte, whatever). But trust me on this one, guys. I wouldn’t steer you wrong! Of course, if you’re not a fan of pumpkin, in general, you might want to head over to this apple cake recipe instead. But if you like pumpkin, stay with me on this! These pumpkin bars have just the right balance of pumpkin and spice flavor that’s enveloped in a moist and airy, cake-like bar!
White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
Now, my baking skills are definitely not on par with my cooking skills. I’m a way better chef than I am a baker. But these pumpkin bars are so easy to make that even the novice baker can tackle these! They’ve turned out consistent every single time! If white chocolate isn’t your favorite, you can totally sub in milk chocolate or dark chocolate. I’m usually not a big fan of white chocolate, but they add the perfect amount of sweetness to these bars.
The first thing you’ll notice about these bars is the glorious smell they’ll emit from your oven. Better than any fall candle you will ever light! Give them about 30 minutes to bake, no peeking, and they’ll be done as soon as a toothpick comes out clean from the center. It’ll be such a tease waiting for these bars to cool, but you want them to cool completely. They’re so light that anxiousness will only cause them to fall apart.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (or substitute milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or other preferred chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin-pie spice, baking soda, and salt.
- Cream butter and brown sugar until smooth with an electric beater. Add egg and vanilla. Add pumpkin and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed and add dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Fold 1 cup of the chocolate chips into batter.
- Spread batter in your prepared pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup white chocolate chips on top of the bar mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the center comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into squares and serving.
These White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars are the perfect treat to enjoy with a hot cup of coffee or tea on a chilly, Fall day. Whip up a batch to enjoy after you go pumpkin picking or bring them to your next fall gathering. They’re pumpkin spice and everything nice in a tasty, little dessert bar!
What’s your favorite chocolate and pumpkin treat?
PIN FOR LATER