This Zucchini and Ricotta Tart with Prosciutto is a delicious way to use up garden zucchini. It’s perfect for a summer brunch, lunch, or dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
About every week for the past month or so, my father-in-law has asked us when we’ll need more zucchini from his garden. It’s been a very good year for zucchini! So much so that we can’t use it – or give it away – fast enough! It’s been too hot for zucchini bread, but so far I’ve made grilled zucchini slices, zoodles, and plenty of zucchini Parmesan!
I’m definitely getting sick of zucchini Parm so it was time to think up something else to make. I thought about making a tart. Something similar to a tomato tart, but made with zucchini instead. So I created this zucchini tart made with ricotta cheese, fresh basil, and prosciutto.
It was nice to have something different “zucchini” to eat for a change. This tart is nice to enjoy throughout the week and is easy enough to make for a summer gathering. Just fill pie crust (I used store bought) with a ricotta, lemon zest, basil, and garlic mixture. Then, top with thin slices of zucchini and prosciutto and bake!
Zucchini and Ricotta Tart with Prosciutto
If you’re looking for a new way to enjoy garden zucchini, this tart is delicious and easy to make! There’s a ton of delicious Italian flavors in every bite. It’s so good that you can basically eat it anytime of the day!
The first thing we need to do is prepare an 11 inch tart pan with the pie crust. Unroll room temperature pie crust over the tart pan. Press it into the pan so it stretches across the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Then, pierce the crust with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
While the pie crust is baking, mix the ricotta cheese, garlic, lemon zest, and fresh basil together. Season with salt and pepper.
When the pie crust is out of the oven, spread the ricotta mixture into the tart pan.
Now, brush each side of the zucchini slices with just a touch of olive oil. Lay the slices on top of the ricotta cheese. Then, tuck strips of prosciutto in between the zucchini slices.
Bake the tart for 30 minutes. Remove the tart from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and then cut into slices and serve.
- 1 - 9 inch prepared pie crust
- 8 oz. whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini or 1/2 large zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- Olive oil
- 2-3 slices prosciutto, cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Allow the rolled up pie crust to come to room temperature. Then, unroll on top of the tart pan.
- Press the crust into the pan and pierce the bottom with a fork.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes. Then, remove from the oven.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, garlic, lemon zest, and fresh basil together. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the ricotta mixture into the pie crust.
- Lightly brush the zucchini slices with olive oil. Then, place the zucchini on top of the ricotta leaving space for the prosciutto.
- Add ribbons of prosciutto into the spaces between the zucchini.
- Then, bake the tart for 30 minutes.
- Cut the tart into wedges and serve.
Even though this tart is filled with creamy ricotta, it isn’t heavy. It’s just enough to leave you satisfied and make some good use out of that garden zucchini!
Did you make this Zucchini and Ricotta Tart with Prosciutto recipe? Share it on social media using the hashtag #livinglavidaeats. Don’t forget to tag me @lavidaholoka!
PIN FOR LATER