Cinco de Mayo is one of those holidays that I tend to forget about every year. But somehow, I managed to plan taco night for tonight while writing up our weekly menu. How fitting! All that’s missing is the chips and salsa, guacamole, and a nice, cold margarita!
However, today I’m not sharing a taco recipe in honor of Cinco de Mayo. Today, I’m sharing my new favorite way to eat an avocado. Wrapped in BACON! I don’t use good old salty pork bacon to make these tasty avocado bites (but you totally can if you wish!). I use turkey bacon to make these bites a little better for you.
These Chili Lime Bacon Avocado Bites are a perfect good fat/high protein snack. I eat them cold, right out of the fridge! No need to warm up (plus, warmed avocado kind of freaks me out). They’re easy to make and definitely allow you to satisfy your cravings for food with a Mexican kick and, of course, bacon! They’re good enough just seasoned with pepper, but for Cinco de Mayo, I decided to jazz them up with chili and lime. So good!
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Turkey bacon, a piece for each avocado slice
- 1 small lime
- Cayenne pepper
- Garlic salt, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Wrap each avocado slice with a piece of bacon and place, seam down, on the baking sheet.
- Squeeze lime juice over the avocado slices.
- Then, season with cayenne and garlic salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway in between, until bacon is crispy.
- Allow to cool and garnish with chopped cilantro before enjoying.
- Store in fridge in an airtight container for 3-5 days.
If you’re hosting a fantastic fiesta tonight, consider making these Chili Lime Bacon Avocado Bites as a fun appetizer! Since these bites only take 10-15 minutes to make, you can pop them in the oven right before your guests arrive! You’ll have them out just in time for the first round of margaritas!
Before you link up your CINCO DE MAYO recipes and craft projects, check out the new themes for May! Then, check out the posts we shared last week for our GARDEN theme!