You can have your cake and eat it, too, this summer with these Grilled Pound Cake & Berry Kebabs made with store bought pound cake and mixed berries!
This post may contain affiliate links. Making a purchase through one of these links helps support this blog.
I don’t know about you, but the older I get, the more my 4th of July plans seem to change. I used to love packing into the car with friends and heading to a park or beach for fireworks. Now, I hate traveling on holidays and I’m not a big fan of crowds and fireworks anymore. Hunter, like most dogs, isn’t a big fan of them either. So we end up going to bed early and turning up the AC and the radio to try and block out the noise.
This year, we had a quiet 4th of July celebration by ourselves at home (well, until the fireworks started and poor Hunter was freaking out again). We had dinner on the grill and I decided to make us a special treat for dessert. The first time I made these pound cake and berry kebabs, I only used strawberries and blueberries. This time, I was able to add raspberries right from our backyard! If you’re like me and get sick of making jam with your summer berries, this is another great way to use them up!
Even though I missed the mark on posting this patriotic-colored dessert before the 4th, these kebabs can be enjoyed all summer long! They’re easy to make with little prep. After grilling them, I like to drizzle them with milk chocolate. They’re still pretty delicious on their own served with whipped cream.
- Small store bought pound cake
- 1 container of strawberries, halved (small berries can be left whole)
- Pint of blueberries, rinsed
- Seedless raspberry jam (you'll probably only need a couple tablespoons depending on how many kebabs you make)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bamboo skewers
- Whipped cream, optional
- Cut pound cake slices into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- While grill is heating, prepare kebabs.
- Thread two blueberries onto a skewer.
- Follow with a pound cake cube and alternative with different berries.
- Once kebabs are prepared, brush seedless raspberry jam over berries.
- Grill kebabs until pound cake starts to get toasty, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Once kebabs are grilled, heat chocolate chips in a small pot on low. Stir continuously until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the grilled kebabs with a spoon.
- Serve with whipped cream or enjoy kebabs on their own!
The next time you’re gathering for a backyard barbecue, don’t turn the grill off after dinner! Put these sweet summer kebabs together! Your guests will love the toasty pound cake and mixed berries! You’ll love how easy they are to make!
PIN FOR LATER