This Balsamic Bow Tie Pasta Salad will be your new go-to recipe for summer barbecues and family gatherings! It’s full of fresh flavor and so easy to make!
My family loves when I make my Italian pasta salad! I have made it so many times over the course of the last few years because it’s requested at all of our gatherings! And even though it’s a must-make for family functions, it’s definitely not my personal favorite. Maybe it’s just because I’ve made it so much that I don’t even want to eat it anymore. Sure, it tastes good. It has a great amount of flavor and zing. I’m just over it.
Macaroni salads and potato salads are all good, too. I just prefer something a little lighter during the summer. So on Monday, I made a batch of one of my favorite pasta salads to have during the week for lunch and dinner. If you’re a big fan of balsamic vinegar, you’ll love this pasta salad as much as I do!
There’s nothing heavy about this salad either! It’s perfect for barbecues or just when you need an easy side dish for dinner. It’s light and refreshing and full of fresh flavor! What I love most about it is that I’ll soon be able to make it with grape tomatoes from our garden!
This salad is made with bow tie pasta, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, and fresh mozzarella balls. Then, it’s dressed with a simple balsamic and lemon juice dressing. Garnish it with fresh basil and serve! Let the pasta soak up all of that balsamic goodness for a few hours (or overnight) before serving!
- 1/2 box bow tie pasta
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls, halved
- 1 cup baby portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Zest of one small lemon
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta as directed. Once al dente, drain and rinse with cold water. Allow to cool completely and then pour pasta into a large bowl.
- Mix in chopped red onion, tomatoes, mozzarella, mushrooms, and fresh basil.
- Zest in one small lemon.
- In a small bowl, stir balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and lemon juice together.
- Pour over pasta salad and stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
If you’re sick of eating the same cold summer salads at your gatherings, consider making this Balsamic Bow Tie Pasta Salad instead! Add grilled chicken to make it a perfect summer meal!
PIN FOR LATER