Add a pop of flavor to your holiday menu with these Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon! They’re an easy holiday appetizer with bold flavor!
It’s hard to believe that in a few weeks, we’ll be gathering together at the Thanksgiving table. And right behind that is the official start to the holiday season. Have you started making Thanksgiving plans yet? In our family, plans aren’t officially set in stone until about the week before. As far as I can remember, my husband and I have only hosted Thanksgiving dinner once.
As a foodie, I would love to host Thanksgiving, but our home is small and our family continues to grow. So usually, we split Thanksgiving between both of our families. We spend the first half of Thanksgiving with my husband’s family and the last half with mine. Despite traveling back and forth between families, one thing is certain – we never show up empty-handed.
Cheese is always a big part of entertaining for me whether it’s on a cheese board, made into a dip, or part of a tasty appetizer. Thankfully, even though my family is picky, there’s one thing for sure – we all love cheese! One of my favorite cheeses to use in appetizers is goat cheese. It’s creamy, tangy, and adds a great flavor to dishes!
Recently, I picked up some Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese to work on a holiday appetizer idea. Cheese and bacon are a match made in foodie heaven! So I decided to stuff baby bella mushrooms with goat cheese. I whipped the goat cheese to perfection with chopped fresh herbs and topped the mushrooms with crispy bacon. I’m fairly sure these will be a hit for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
- 1/2 cup bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1 - 4 oz. package of Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Approximately 1 tbsp. mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, rosemary, and oregano
- 14 baby bella mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350º and prepare a baking sheet with foil and non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, use a mixer to whip Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese, Parmesan cheese, mayonnaise, and garlic together.
- Gently fold in herbs and set goat cheese mixture aside.
- Toss the mushroom caps with approximately 1-2 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil. Place evenly on the baking sheet stem-side-up.
- Next, begin spooning the goat cheese mixture into each mushroom.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with bacon.
- Bake mushrooms for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese begins to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm.
You may need to drain the mushrooms on a paper towel before serving. The moisture from the mushrooms and the oil tends to soak the bottom of the sheet pan while baking. Once the mushrooms have been dried, serve immediately.
You can find Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese in the cheese case at your local grocery store in a variety of flavors. I used the Fresh Traditional Goat Cheese in this appetizer, but you can definitely get creative with the rest of the flavors!
Like most of us this Thanksgiving, we’ll be cooking up a storm from the night before to the day of! These Herbed Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon can even be made ahead of time. Just warm them up in the oven before serving!
Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese added a delicious pop of flavor to the earthy mushrooms that wasn’t overpowered by the herbs and garlic mixed into it. The salty bacon added a nice crunch and went well with the tanginess of the goat cheese. But I mean seriously – is bacon really bad with anything?
So while you’re planning your Thanksgiving and Christmas menus this year, make Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese a part of your holiday appetizers! Your guests and your taste buds will thank you!
PIN FOR LATER